Thursday, September 12, 2013

"There is no better friend than a sister. And there is no better sisterthan you."

This is a special birthday tribute to a special older sister.



Today you turn 23 years old.......that's a lot of years. (Just Kidding).

Although words can't describe how much I truly care about you, I can try. 


I am so glad you are in my life. The past sixteen years having you as a sister has been an incredible journey, and I am glad I have gotten to be a part of it. You are the best older sister in the world, and there is nothing and no one that can replace someone a special as you. 


As my older sister I see you as a role model, as well as an inspiration.


Unfortunately you will never know what it is like to be a younger sister. It's so difficult to describe to you what it is like. When I'm not with you it feels very strange and it is saddening because the younger sibling is supposed to be with the older sibling everywhere she goes. (Not really, but that's how I think it is supposed to be).  


When you leave home it will be more difficult for me than for you. You didn't have me as a sister until you were seven, but I have had you my whole life. Knowing that you will leave home eventually is very sad. I always joke about getting your room when you leave, but inside I never want you to leave. 



Here are a few quotes to help  to express my feelings to you:


"I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones." ~Unknown


I love going through your closet. There is just something about getting the clothes you wear. I can't describe it. I know you gets so frustrated when I do, but that is something I will always do.......even when you move out on your own.


"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child." ~Linda Sunshine


That quote is enough on its own. I know you truly care about me because you do want to "wring my neck" sometimes.


"It is nice growing up with someone like you-someone to lean on, someone to count on...someone to tell on!"~Unknown


I know I can count on you all the time, but one thing will never change..........(I will tell on you because that is what younger sisters do!)


"A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double."~Toni Morrison


Anyone that knows us well, knows we are total opposites. That's what makes us a "special kind of double".


"Sisters is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship."~Margaret Mead


Aunt Karen said just last week that we are so competitive.....But I hope one day the competition will turn into the strongest relationship in the family. 


Finally...... 


"Sisters don't need words. They have perfected a language of snarls and smiles and frowns and winks - expressions of shocked surprise and incredulity and disbelief. Sniffs and snorts and gasps and sighs - that can undermine any tale you're telling."~Pam Brown 


We do have our own language. Some are more apparent than others. We do snarl and smile at each other.....as well as frown. But we don't wink. (Partly because someone can't.....YOU! *cough *cough). We sometimes are shocked and don't believe each other as well. We have the sniffs from crying, and you definitely have that snorts from laughing.  But all of this is better than any story someone can tell.


Words can definitely express feelings. But I feel these pictures will help to describe our relationship better than any words I can type.




We care for each other.......


We get upset......


We fight... 


We smile......


We become a special kind of double.......


We love......


Have fun.....


Play.....


Protect each other........


Argue......


Joke.....


Spend time together....... 

Hug...... 


Lean on each other......


Become goofballs.....


Spend time together.....


And most importantly.....stop to smell the "ROSES".....
(Technically those are daylilies)

Happy Birthday Sissy!
I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

<3 Abby

No comments:

Post a Comment